Cults Hillwalking Club takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of Cults Hillwalking Club or renew your membership we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
- Contact details – name, address, email address and phone numbers.
- Emergency contact details – emergency contact name, relationship and contact phone numbersIf you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information
We need to collect our members’ and customers’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’ personal information to:
- Provide you with core member services, including confirmation of membership, membership card, end of year renewal.
- Organise club activities and manage risk and safety if you attend a day walk or weekends away.
- Register your membership with a representative body, to provide you with insurance cover, and other benefits they offer to members of clubs.
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Provide you with news and updates about the activity of the club, opportunities to get involved in club meets, training, general meetings or other events.
- Raise awareness of the club’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at events. We will use this for promotion, education and development purposes.
- Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by our Committee Members only for the purposes set out above. It is stored by our club in an online database which is password protected and managed by the club Membership Secretary.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 2 years.
You have a right to:
- Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
- Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
- Request that we delete your personal information.You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk